Monday, September 3, 2012

Adult Acne...Searching for a Cure

56 years old and you would think that my main skin care concerns would be limited to wrinkles, lines and sagging skin, but no. Over the past several months, my chin has broken out in a mass of huge, ugly and very sore acne pimples. How unfair is that? First step off to the Esthetician, they are the experts right? Her question to me is, "Why are you breaking out?" My response, "I'm don't know that's why I am here" I have a facial and while it is very relaxing and the massage is fabulous (I think she has magic fingers) my skin does feel nice on the areas where there is no acne, but it has done nothing for the area that has broken out so badly. I am sent away with a Dermological Skin Serum and tinted moisturizer. I am told not to use foundation as it is too heavy and not allowing my skin to breath. This, apparently, is what is causing my skin to break out. No foundation is a horrifying thought as I am not prepared to bare my horrible complexion to the world. I need the foundation; I need the concealor and the pressed powder to go on top! But I comply. After two days my skin is worse I now have spots on my forehead, in addition to those on my chin. I spend hours on the internet searching for something, anything that will work, I try Benzoyl Peroxide, I try salicylic acid and Retinoid Cream; no results except for red, flakey skin. A $50 prescription for the Dermatologist worked as long as I took it but as soon as I stopped everything came back. Another trip to another Esthetician who specializes in natural skin care products formulated specifically for individual skin types. I am told that my breakouts are hormonal and that I must be under stress. My skin looks better for a few days and then back to being horrible. More internet searches. Two new products ordered and they arrived last week in the mail. One week later and I am delighted with my results this far. Stay tuned and I will share my products with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment